• Round: 7 of 10 in the 2021 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge (IMPC)
• Racetrack: Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisc.
• 4.048-mile road course, featuring 14 turns
• Race: Saturday, Aug. 7, 2021, at 3:35 p.m. CDT (1:35 p.m. PDT) (2 Hours)
• TV: Live on NBC Gold Track Pass
• Live timing and scoring from each session available at www.IMSA.com
• Live radio commentary for every session at www.IMSA.com and RadioLeMans.com
• Replay: NBCSN Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2021 at 3 p.m. EDT
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 3, 2021 – The Hyundai Michelin Pilot Challenge racecar drivers are heading to Elkhart Lake, Wisc. to contest the Road America 120 on August 6 – 7 after a historic win. Taylor Hagler added a new record to the books when she became the first woman to win a Touring Car Racing (TCR) race in North America last month at Lime Rock Park. Hagler and her co-driver, Michael Lewis, have finished on the podium in five out of six races this year and are dominating the championship. The victory was their first as co-drivers and Hagler’s first ever professional racing win. The race will be streamed live on TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold. For more information about the race, cars, and drivers visit bryanhertaautosport.com.
It was a Hyundai podium sweep at Road America in 2020. Ryan Norman and Gabby Chaves won, Parker Chase and Spencer Brockman placed second, and 2019 winner Harry Gottsacker and Mark Wilkins came in third.
Hyundai Veloster N TCR cars and Elantra N TCR cars led 33 percent of the laps this season (170). Tyler Gonzalez won the pole position twice in the #27 Veloster N with Copeland Motorsports and Harry Gottsacker scored the Elantra N’s first pole position at Watkins Glen. Hyundai N brand racecars won twice and finished on the podium eight times this season.
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America focuses on ‘Progress for Humanity’ and smart mobility solutions. Hyundai offers U.S. consumers a technology-rich lineup of cars, SUVs and electrified vehicles. Our 820 dealers sold more than 620,000 vehicles in the U.S. in 2020, and nearly half were built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. For more information, visit www.HyundaiNews.com.
Please visit our media website at www.HyundaiNews.com
Hyundai Motor America on Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram